I have used the basic cookie recipe and added ingredients to make it spicy.It is a perfect balance of slightly sweet, salty and spicy .
- Self rising flour - 1 and 3/4 cups OR All purpose flour - 2 cups + 3/4 tsp baking soda + 3/4 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp salt.
- Green chillies - 4 chopped
- Ginger - 1/2 tsp grated
- Nigella /Kalonji seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts - handfull broken
- Butter - 1 stick (4 oz / 8 tbsp)
- Egg - 1
- Sugar - 2 tbsp (increase to 4 or 5 tbsp if you like it sweeter, I would add 4 tbsp next time)
- Corriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
- curry leaves - 1 stalk
Heat the Oven to 375 degree Farenhiet.
Beat the butter , sugar and egg well.
Add in the dry ingredients and mix to a soft dough. If it is too dry you can add a bit of water to help mix.
Roll the dough out (1/2 cm thickness)
Cut into into any shape you choose.
Sprinkle extra Nigella seeds on top .
Bake on a tin sheet for 12 - 15 minutes until light brown.
Cool and store .