- Shrimp - 15 medium large (shelled , de-veined ,washed and pat dry)
- Shrimp stock** - 1/2 cup
- Shallots - 2 sliced
- Green chillies - 5 sliced
- Garlic - 5 cloves shopped fine
- Ginger - 1/4 inch piece sliced into thin strips
- Red bell pepper - 1/4 of a whole sliced
- Spring onion - 1 stalk sliced
- Fish sauce - 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
- Thai chilly garlic sauce - 1 tsp (you can substitute with crushed dry red pepper and 1/2 tsp of vinegar)
- Lemon grass - 2 inch piece
- Oil - 1 tbsp
Add oil to a frying pan and heat it.
Add in the chopped Garlic and ginger and stir fry for a minute.
Add in the shrimp ,sprinkle half of the fish sauce and chilly garlic sauce and cook on high heat for 3 minutes until the shrimp start picking some color. Remove the shrimp from the pan and reserve .
In the same pan add the chopped shallots,bell pepper, green chillies, spring onion and lemon grass and stir fry for 2 minutes - Do not overcook the veggies , they should retain a nice crunch.
Pour in the shrimp stock,soy sauce,fish sauce and chilly garlic sauce and bring to a boil.Add in the reserved shrimp and cook for a minute more.
Serve immediately over Jasmine rice.
**NOTE : to make the shrimp stock wash the shell of the shrimp and add to a saucepan and cover with water , add in a piece of lemon grass and ginger and bring to a boil.Simmer for 10 minutes and strain the broth and use as a stock for soups or gravies.