- Lean pork cut into thin strips - 250 gms (roughly 1.5 cups)
- Red bell pepper - 1/2 of one cut into strips
- Onion - 1 medium cut into thick slices
- Thai Basil leaves - 1 hand full tear into pieces if the leaves are big.
- Green and red chillies - 6 cut at an angle
- Spring onions - 2 stalks cut at an angle
- Dried wood ear mushroom - 5 soaked in water and cut into pieces(optional)
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece cut into thin slivers
- Garlic - 5 cloves sliced thin
- Lime juice or vinegar - 2 tsp
- Fish sauce - 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- sambal olek/red chilly paste - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
Soak the wood ear mushroom in warm water for 30 minutes - wash well and cut into bite sized pieces.
Mix together the fish sauce,soy sauce,vinegar, sugar and sambal olek and keep aside.
Heat 1 tbsp of oil, add pork and 2 tsp of the sauce mix and stir-fry over a high heat until lightly browned.remove the pork and keep aside.
Add remaining oil in same pan and add the sliced ginger and garlic until it starts turning light brown.
Add in the Onions,bell peppers and soaked mushroom and half of the spring onion and stir fry for 2 minutes - do not over cook the veggies ,they should retain the colour and crunch.
Add in the stir fried pork and the rest of the sauce mixture plus 1/4'th cup of stock or water and bring to a simmer .
Add the Holy basil and stir for a minute and turn the flame off.
Serve with white rice.