- Dark raisins - 1 cup soaked in water for 30 minutes
- golden raisins - 1 cup soaked in water for 30 minutes
- butter - 1/4 cup
- brown sugar - 1 cup
- cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
- ginger powder - 1/4 tsp
- Orange zest - 1/4 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- Orange juice - 1 cup
- eggs - 2
- vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- chopped nuts - 1 cup (mix of cashews,walnuts,almonds)
- All purpose flour - 1.5 cups
- baking soda - 1 tsp
drain the raisins from water and add to a pan .
Into the raisins Add butter ,brown sugar , cinnamon and ginger powder and salt plus the orange juice and bring to a simmer.
cook for 2 minutes and turn the flame off.
Allow the mixture to cool down.
preheat oven to 180 degrees.
in a different bowl beat the eggs with vanilla essence and add this to the cooled raisin mixture.
add in the chopped nuts and all purpose flour sifted with the baking powder , orange zest and stir well.
Pour the mixture into a parchment lined baking pan.
bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
cool on a wire rack .