- Mutton - 500 gms cubed ,washed and drained
- Carrots - 2 cut into big cubes
- Potatoes - 3 diced into big cubes
- Green beans - 10 stringed and cut into 1 inch slices
- medium Onion - 4 chopped thin
- Garlic - 10 cloved chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch piece chopped
- Green chilly - 5 slit
- Thick coconut milk - 1 cups
- Thin coconut milk - 2 cups
- curry leaves - 2 springs
- Whole spices - 5 cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon piece , 1 tsp black pepper ,1 tsp fennel seeds crushed,6 cloves
- coarsely crushed black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- salt - to taste
- vinegar - 3 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
Heat a pressure cooker pan and add oil.
Add in chopped onion , ginger,garlic,green chillies, curry leaves, whole spices and salt and saute until onion has wilted.
Add in mutton cubes , salt to taste and vinegar .Mix well. put on the lid and pressure cook for 10 minutes after the first whistle .
Turn off the flame and allow the pressure to release by itself.
open the lid , taste for salt and vinegar , add in the cubed vegetable and beans and second extract of coconut milk and cook for 10 minutes (until the vegetables are cooked )
Adjust taste , add crushed pepper and first extract of coconut milk and mix until it has warmed through.
turn flame off and serve with appam ,bread etc.
Do not boil the curry after adding the thick coconut milk.