- Beef - 2 lb cut into 1 inch cube(I used beef shank which is a tough cut of meat with some fat in it that can hold up to some long cooking time)
- Onion - 1 large chopped
- Tomato - 1 large chopped
- Green chillies - 2 slit
- Ginger - 1 inch piece chopped
- Garlic - 8 cloves chopped
- Curry leaves - 2 springs
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Meat masala - 4 tbsp (I used Eastern meat masala - it contains all the spices including coriander,chilly,turmeric,pepper etc)
Add the meat, turmeric powder, salt to taste ,ginger, garlic,green chillies and vinegar to a pan and cover and cook until the meat is 3/4'th cooked (About 15 minutes)Keep this aside.The beef will give out enough water ,but if you feel it is getting dry add just enough water to keep it moist.
Heat oil in a frying pan and saute the curry leaves , onion and tomatoes.
Add in the Meat masala and stir fry until it is mixed well.
Add the cooked beef along with any gravy into the frying pan and mix well.
Cover and cook until the beef is tender(about 15 minutes) and the gravy is thick.
Serve with Rice , chappathi ,puttu , appam etc.