- Shrimp - 10 large
- Fresh ripe chillies - 3 chopped fine
- garlic - 8 cloves chopped fine
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- fresh Oregano - 1 tsp leaves
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- salt -to taste
- Lemon - 1/2 of 1 squeezed
- cornflour - 1/4 tsp
Marinate the shrimp with salt,lemon,chilly,garlic,turmeric powder ,and oregano for 30 minutes.
Heat a cast iron pan on high.
Add the oil and when it is hot ,place the shrimp on the hot pan 2 minutes on each side .
reduce heat to low , and add 1/4 cup water to the pan and deglaze it
mix the cornflour in 1 tsp water and add to the pan juices and mix well.
cook until the sauce is thick.
Spoon the sauce over the shrimp and serve hot .