- Kallumekaya/Mussels/Kadukka - 2 lb cleaned , washed and drained
- Tomato - 2 sliced
- Onion - 1 big sliced thin
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 2 springs
- Garlic - 5 cloves crushed
- salt - to taste(mussels have some salt in it so add less salt )
Heat oil in a non stick pan and add the crushed garlic and stir fry for a minute.
Add in the onions and salt to taste and saute until soft .
Add in the chilly,coriander and turmeric powder and saute until raw smell is gone.
Add in the tomatoes and saute for a minute.
Add in the Kallumekaya and pepper powder and mix well.
Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Open the pan and add in the curry leaves and stir fry on medium heat until the mixture is dry.
Can be had with rice or chapati or as a snack.