This is a light flavourful soup that is perfect for lunch or dinner on a cold winter day .Not too heavy ,but at the same time filling because of the meatballs.
- 90% lean ground chicken, turkey or pork - 1 lb
- Garlic - 2 cloves chopped fine
- Ginger - 1/2 tsp chopped fine
- Onion - 1/2 chopped fine
- Spring onions - 2 stalks chopped fine
- pepper powder - 1 tsp
- soy sauce - to taste
- Spinach leaves - 2 cups torn into big pieces
- Chicken broth - 6 cups(I dissolved herb ox chicken bullion cubes in water and used it)
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Mushroom - 1 cup optional(I had some enoki mushroom so used that)
- oil - 1 tbsp
Mix the ground meat with the ginger , garlic,soy sauce, onion and pepper powder and form small balls and keep aside.
Heat the oil in a pan and add the mushroom and saute until it is cooked. Add in spinach leaves and saute for a minute .
reserve and keep aside.In the same pan add the tomatoes and saute for a minute.
Add in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Add the meatballs into the boiling broth and cook for 10 minutes until the meatballs float on top.
Add in the sauteed mushroom and spinach and bring to a simmer.
Serve with cutup green chillies preserved in vinegar and soysauce.