- Boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs - 4 pieces cut into thin strips
- Lemon grass - 1 stalk cut into inch long pieces and crushed with the back of a knife
- Thai Basil - 1 cup packed
- Garlic - 5 cloves sliced thin
- Onion - 2 cut into thick slices
- Green chillies - 8 cut at an angle
- Spring Onions - 5 stalks sliced at an angle
- Mushroom - 1 cup optional(I used enoki)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
For the sauce -mix together
- Fermented black bean - 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce - 2 tbsp
- Fish sauce - 1 tbsp
- Sambal Olek - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- vinegar - 1 tsp
Heat oil in a large frying pan and add in the sliced garlic and lemon grass and saute for a minute.
Add in the sliced chicken pieces and 4 tbsp of the sauce mix and stirfry on high heat for 5 minutes until the chicken is almost cooked.
Add in the Onion,spring onion, mushroom and half of the green chillies and saute for 2 minutes.
Taste for salt and sourness and add the sauce mixture as needed.
Add in 1/4 th cup of water and bring to a simmer .
Add in the thai basil leaves and remaining green chillies and stir well.
Turn off the flame and serve with white rice.