- Indian mackarel/ Aiyala - 3 whole clean and make slits on the sides
- Chilly powder- 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar or lime juice -1/2 tsp (optional)
- Coconut oil/Vegetable oil - to shallow fry
- Curry leaves - 1 spring (optional)
- Garlic paste - pound 1 clove garlic to paste (optional)
Make a semi thick paste of all the powders with salt, garlic paste,vinegar and a bit of water.
Apply the paste on the fish and let it marinate for 30 minutes to couple of hours.
Shallow fry in coconut oil or vegetable oil with curry leaves(just add enough oil to shallow fry).
Try to flip the fish over only 1 time each .