Last week while browsing the Asian Aisle of the grocery store I picked up a bottle of ground chilly with Fried garlic paste.The ingredients listed were - roasted ground Chile, fried garlic, soya bean oil, sugar, salt, Chile oil, shrimp paste, tomato paste.
- Chicken breast - 2 cut into think pieces
- Spring onion - 2 stalks cut at an angle
- Dried mushroom - 4 pieces soaked and cut
- mushroom - 4 cut into 4
- Onion - 1 cut into medium size
- Thai basil - 1/2 cup leaves
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece cut into matchsticks
- Garlic - 4 cloves sliced thin
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Green chillies - 2 cut at a diagonal
- Fish sauce - to taste(use instead of salt)
- Ground chilly and fried garlic paste - 2.5 tbsp
Heat oil in a non stick frying pan and add the ginger and garlic and saute until lightly browned.]
Add in the chicken pieces and a tbsp of fish sauce and stir fry until the chicken is 3/4 th cooked (for 5 minutes)
Add in the dried mushroom and stir fry for a minute.
Add in the onion, mushroom , spring onion and green chillies and the chilly garlic paste and stir fry for 3 minutes.
Add more fish sauce as needed to adjust salt.
Add in the Thai basil leaves and stir well.
Turn the flame off. Serve with White rice