- Chicken - 2 cups(dark or white meat cut into long thin strips without bones, I used 4 thighs)
- Maida/all purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
- egg - 1
- oil - to deep fry
- pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder - 1/2 tsp(optional)
- vinegar /lime juice - 1/2 tsp
- soy sauce - 1 tsp(optional)
- salt -to taste
Marinate the chicken with soy sauce/salt , vinegar and 1/2 of the chilly powder and keep aside.
Beat eggs and keep aside.
Mix together the all purpose flour, remaining chilly powder,pepper powder and garlic powder and a pinch of salt .
Heat oil to fry the chicken strips.
Dip each chicken strip in the beaten egg and then dredge with the flour mix and deep fry in oil until golden brown and cooked.(since we cut the meat into thin strips it will cook fast).
Serve with ketchup or hot sauce.