- tender Drumstick leaves picked - 1 cups packed
- Toor dal - 1/4 cup dry soaked in water
- grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- shallots - 5
- garlic - 2 cloves
- green chillies - 3 chopped
- curry leaves - 1 spring
- Onion - 1 small chopped fine
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- dry red chilly - 1 broken into pieces
- salt - to taste
grind the coconut,cumin,turmeric,shallots and 1 chopped chilly into a paste and keep aside .
pressure cook the dal with 1 cup water until soft.
Heat oil in a frying pan and splutter the mustard seeds.
add the curry leaves ,dry red chilly ,chopped garlic , 2 green chillies and onion and saute until soft.
add the drumstick leaves and saute for 2 minutes ,until the leaves have wilted and turned darkgreen.
add the cooked dal and ground coconut paste and bring to a simmer .
turn off the flame and season to taste with salt .
Serve with rice.