- Raw mango - 4 big pieces (I used daily delight frozen raw mangoes)
- Chakkakuru/Jackfruit seeds - 1/2 cup scrapped and cut into thin slices
- Drumstick - 10 pieces (I used frozen since fresh was not available)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Green chillies - 7 slit
- Shallots - 5 sliced into medium thick pieces
- Shallot - 2 sliced thin for tadka
- Curry leaves - 3 springs
- salt - to taste
- dry red chilly - 2
- mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- oil - 1 tbsp
Grind the coconut with 1/2 of the turmeric powder and 1 cup of water into a smooth paste and keep aside.
Add the jack fruit seeds and half cup of water into a pan and cover and cook until the seeds turn soft (about 15 minutes)Jack fruit seeds take longer to cook than mango pieces so we have to precook it.
In another pan add the mango pieces, Drumsticks , green chillies,shallots and the rest of the turmeric powder and pour enough water to cover the pieces and bring to a boil.
Add salt to taste and the cooked jack fruit seeds with any water that remain in the pan and mix.
Cook this mixture until the mango and jack fruit seeds are soft.
lower the flame and add in the coconut paste and bring to a simmer.
Heat oil in a small pan and add the mustard sees.
When it splutters add the red chilly and curry leaves and stir.
Add in the sliced shallots and fry until it is golden brown.
Take the curry off the flame and pour the tadka over it .
Leave covered for few minutes.Serve with rice.