- chicken breast or thighs - 3 cut into cubes
- Roasted or fried Ground nuts/Peanuts - 3 tbsp
- Dry red chilies - 8 to 10 broken
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece chopped
- garlic - 5 cloves sliced thin
- Spring onion - 3 stalks sliced at an angle
- oil - 2 tbsp
to marinate the chicken:
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp corn starch
Mix the Kung Pao sauce ingredients in a small bowl and keep aside.
Marinate the chicken cubes in the marinade mixture for 1/2 an hour.
Heat a frying pan and add one tablespoon oil ,add in the garlic ginger and dry red chillies and stir fry until lightly brown.
Add in the marinated chicken cubes and fry in high flame until the chicken is almost cooked (around 5 minutes)
Add in the roasted peanuts and the Kungpao sauce and bring to a simmer until the cornflour thickens the gravy .
Sprinkle with spring onions and serve with white rice or fried rice.