- Pumpkin cut into cubes - 3 cups.
- Toor Dal - 1/2 cup.
- Coconut grated - 1/2 cup.
- Jeera/cummin seeds- 1/4'th tsp.
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp.
- Green chillies - 5 or 6 slit .
- Shallots - 3 sliced.
- Curry leaves,mustard seeds and oil.
Pressure cook the pumpkin and dal together(3-4 whistles and let the steam escape by itself) .
Grind the coconut,jeera and turmeric powder to a fine paste with some
Add this ground paste to the cooked dal/pumpkin mix and bring to a simmer.
Make a tadka of mustard seeds,sliced shallots , curry leaves and green chilly and pour into the simmering curry .
Turn the flame off and cover the dish and keep for 30 minutes.