- Medium firm tofu - 1lb(16 oz box) washed drained and cut into cubes
- Egg - 1 beaten
- Salt -to taste
- Oil - to shallow fry
For the dipping sauce
- Spring onion - 2 stalks chopped fine
- Shallots - 2 sliced fine
- Green chillies - 2 chopped fine
- sesame seeds - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- vinegar - 1/2 tsp
- Soy sauce - 4 tbsp
- fish sauce - 1 tsp
- Korean BBQ sauce - 2 tbsp(I found a sauce made up of molasses, pear,garlic, sesame seeds etc in the Korean store)
Marinate the cubed tofu in the beaten egg and salt to taste.Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and keep aside.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the tofu dipped in egg until it is lightly brown.Drain on paper towel and serve with the dipping sauce.