- All purpose flour/maida - 1 & 1/3 cup
- Baking Powder - 1tsp
- Sugar - 3/4 th cup (I removed 3 tbsp from this else it gets too sweet for me)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 cup
- Butter - 1 cup ( 2 sticks or 16 tbsp's make 1 cup)
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp( if you are using unsalted butter add salt.If you are using salted butter no need to add salt)
Apply butter to a cake dish/pan and set the oven to 325 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Mix the flour and baking powder until well combined.
Beat butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy with an electric mixer or by hand.
Add in the condensed milk and mix again until it is well incorporated.
Add in the eggs , salt (if using) and vanilla essence and mix again .
Add in the flour , baking powder mix and mix until it is combined.
Pour the batter into the buttered dish and bake for 35 - 40 minutes.
Insert a toothpick into the thickest part of the cake to test if it is done. If the toothpick comes out clean the cake is done.