- skinless Chicken - 1/2 of 1 chicken cut into medium small pieces with bones
- Onion - 2 medium chopped
- Garlic - 8 cloves chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch piece chopped
- Green chillies - 2 slit
- curry leaves - 2 springs
- Kashmiri Chilly powder - 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp (you can use 1 large tomato instead if you prefer)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Coconut Milk - 1.5 cups
- Meat Masala - 1 tbsp (cardamom,cloves,fennel,cinnamon, pepper crushed together)
Wash and drain chicken pieces and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan and add in the onion,ginger,garlic,green chillies and curry leaves and saute until the onion starts turning light brown.
Add in chilly,coriander,turmeric powders and meat masala and stir fry on a medium low flame until raw smell is gone.
Add in the chicken pieces, salt to taste and vinegar and mix well.
Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in between.
There is no need to add water ,the chicken will give out enough water and the curry tastes better when extra water is not added.
Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Taste for salt, sour and spice.
Add salt, vinegar , pepper powder/slit green chillies to adjust.
Serve with Rice or Roti.This curry goes well with Kappa, appam , poori , idiappam etc.