- Green gram/Cherupayar - 1/2 cup soaked over night and pressure cooked until soft.
- Green banana or Raw Plantain - 2 cut into cubes after scrapping off the outermost skin.
- Shallots - 3 (slice 2 and keep aside)
- Green chillies - 4
- garlic - 1 clove
- cumin/jeera - 1/4th tsp
- turmeric powder - 1/4th tsp
- grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- curry leaves - 2 springs
- mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chilly - 1 broken into few pieces
- Oil - 1tbsp
grind together the grated coconut,turmeric powder,cumin,1 shallot and green chillies and garlic into a coarse paste.
Cook the cubed green banana with salt and water.
When this is cooked add in the cooked green gram and salt and mix well, there should be some water remaining.
Add in the coconut mixture and mix.
Cover and cook for 2 minutes on a low flame.
Turn the flame off.
Heat oil and add mustard seeds.
When they splutter add the curry leaves , slices shallots and red chillies and fry until light brown.
Pour this over the green gram banana curry and mix well.
Serve with rice.