- Raw Mango - 2 medium sized (mangoes that are not too sour and turning ripe but still firm taste best)
- Shallots - 2
- Green chilly - 1
- Red bell pepper or Carrots - 2 tbsp Julienned
- Basil - 4 leaves torn
- Roasted peanuts or cashews - handful
- sugar OR Honey- 1/2 tsp (**I did not use as the mango was sweet and sour)
- Fish sauce OR Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
- garlic - 1 clove chopped fine
- birdseye chili or green chilly - 1 chopped fine
- Salt - to taste
- roasted Black and white Sesame seeds - 1 tsp for garnish
Peel the mango and cut int into long matchstick sized pieces . If you have a zigzag peeler you can use that (Do not grate the mango on a grater ,it becomes soggy)
cut all the ingredients - carrots/bell peppers , green chilies & shallots into thin julienne
mix together the fish/soy sauce ,sugar/honey , chopped green chillie,garlic and mix well. You can add it to a small bottle and shake to mix well.
taste for salt ,sweet and spice. adjust by adding more as needed.
toss together the salad ingredients . Add the dressing and mix in the nuts .
Sprinkle with sesame seeds .
You can prepare and keep all the ingredients ready and mix in the dressing when you are ready to serve .