- Large Shrimp – 4 tail on peeled an de-veined, washed and pat dry
- Squid – 2 medium sized cleaned and cut into rings
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 4 cloves crushed
- Ginger – ½ inch Julienned
- Fish sauce – 1 tsp
- Oyster Sauce – 1 tsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Ripe red chillies – 3 crushed
- Green chillies – 1 sliced
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Chicken stock – 4 tbsp
- Holy basil leaves – 1/4 cup
- Vegetable – optional . I used ½ mix of broccoli,bok choy, red bell pepper,mushroom
NOTE : Its best to make this dish in small batches of 1 or 2 servings at the max. Cook on high heat and quickly else the seafood overcooks and steams and the vegetable loses its crunch. Keep all ingredients ready before you start cooking . The dish will be ready in 5 minutes once cooking starts.
You can use any seafood of your choice - mussels,crab,clams,cubes of boneless fish , Scallops etc.
In a large frying pan/Wok , Heat the oil on high and add crushed chilly, garlic and ginger and stirfry for 30 seconds.
Add the squid and shrimp and stirfy on high flame for 2 minutes .
As the pan gets dried out keep adding the sauces starting with the fish sauce , oyster sauce and soysauce.
Add the vegetables if using and sliced green chilly and fry for a minute .
Add the chicken stock and sugar and mix well. Scrape up the bits stuck to the pan with stock .
The gravy should be thick . Add in the basil leaves and turn the flame off.
Add fish sauce if salt is less when you taste it.
Mix well and serve immediately over white rice.