- Duck - 1/2 of 1 duck or approx 2 pounds cut into small pieces with some skin attached.
- Shallots - 1.5 cups sliced
- Ginger - 1 inch piece chopped fine
- Garlic - 1 pod chopped
- Green chillies - 5 slit
- Curry leaves - 5 springs
- Kashmiri Chilly powder - 1 heaped Tbsp(reduce quantity if using spicy chilly powder)
- Coriander powder- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- coarsely crushed black pepper - 2 tsp
- Meat masala - 1 tsp (cardamom,cloves,cinnamon,fennel)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
Heat oil in a pan and add the onion , ginger and garlic and saute until soft.
Add in the crushed meat masala and half of the curry leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
Add in the chilly,coriander,turmeric ,pepper powder, salt and vinegar and saute until the raw smell is gone.
Add in the duck pieces and mix well.
Cover and cook on medium flame until the duck is cooked (about 45 minutes)
The duck would have given out some fat and you can cook it in an open pan for 15 minutes until it is browned.Add the rest of the curry leaves and the slit chillies 5 minutes before turning the flame off.
This curry tastes better the next day.It becomes more brown when reheated.