- Beef - 2 lbs
- Green chillies - 3 slit
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 1 pod peeled and chopped
- Ginger 1 inch piece chopped
- Salt - to taste
- Meat masala crushed - 1 tbsp (mixture of 3 cardamom, 3 cloves, 1/2 inch cinnamon,1/2 tsp fennel seeds, 1/2 tsp pepper)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Potato - 1 big peeled and cubed
- Onion - 2 chopped
- Tomatoes - 1 chopped
- Coriander powder - 2 tbsp
- chilly powder - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Coconut milk - 1 cup (optional)
Add the beef,1 chopped onion,green chillies, meat masala, vineger, turmeric powder , salt to taste, ginger and garlic to a pan and mix well.
Cook this covered on medium for 15- 20 minutes without adding water.The meat will give out enough water , if you feel it is too dry add in 1/4 cup water and cook .
When the beef is 1/2 cooked add in the diced potatoes and continue cooking until the meat and potatoes are cooked.
At this point you can keep the meat in the refrigerator for up to a week , and make the curry at a later time.
Heat oil in a frying pan and add the rest of the chopped onions fry until slightly brown.
Add in the corriander and chilly powder and saute until raw smell is gone.
Add in the tomatoes and saute until tomatoes are cooked.
Add in the cooked beef and curry leaves and mix well.
Add 1/2 cup water or the coconut milk to the pan in wich you cooked the beef swirl it around and get all the bits of beef gravy and pour it into the beef mixture and bring to a simmer.
Serve with Rice, appam,chappathi , idiappam etc.