Ingredients for the blackened seasoning rub can be mixed together and stored for later use.
- Chilly powder - 2 tsp
- paprika - 1.5 tbsp(you can use kashmiri chilly powder instead)
- Garlic powder - 1 tablespoon
- onion powder- 1 tablespoon
- dried oregano - 1 teaspoon
- dried thyme - 1 tsp
- ground black pepper - 1 teaspoon
- salt - 2 tsp
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Ingredients for the blackened Tilapia recipe
- Tilapia fillet - 3
- Blackened seasoning - 3 tbsp
- Vegetable oil or melted butter - 3 tsp
- Lime - 1/2 of 1
Wash and dry the Tilapia fillet with a paper towel.
Lay them on a plate and squeeze some lime juice over it.
Spread the blackening seasoning on a plate and coat the fish pieces with it.
Heat Oil in a non stick pan until it is very hot.
add fillets and cook for 3 minutes per side.
Remove from pan and serve.