- Acorn Squash - 1 small peeled and cut into cubes (about 2 cups).
- Toor Dal - 1/2 cup.
- Coconut grated - 1/2 cup.
- Jeera/cummin seeds- 1/4'th tsp.
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp.
- Green chillies - 5 or 6 slit .
- Shallots - 3 sliced.
- Curry leaves - 2 stalks
- Urud dal - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 2 broken
- mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- oil - 1 tbsp
Pressure cook the pumpkin and dal together(3-4 whistles and let the steam escape by itself) .
Grind the coconut,jeera and turmeric powder to a coarse paste with some water.
Add this ground paste to the cooked dal/pumpkin mix and bring to a simmer.
Heat the oil and splutter the mustard seeds, add in the toor dal and fry until golden.
Add in shallots, curry leaves and red chilly and fry until golden brown.
Add the squash dal mixture into this and mix well.