- Fish - 1.5 lb (about 3/4 kg,I used butter fish.Any kind of small fish,shrimp or bigger fishes cut into smallish pieces can be used)
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Shallots - 5 crushed
- Garlic - 8 cloves crushed
- Ginger - 1 inch piece crushed
- Green chillies - 10 slit
- Turmeric powder - 3/4 tsp
- Cocum/Kudam puli - 4 pieces soaked in 1 cup of warm water
- Salt - to taste
- Curry leaves - 3 springs
Add all the ingredients into a pan preferable a "manchatty" or Clay pot.
Cover and cook until the gravy is thick and the mixture gets semi dry.