- AshGourd/Kumbalanga - 1 cup cut into cubes and cooked with salt and turmeric.
- Sour curd - 2 cups
- green chillies - 2 slit
- shallots - 3 sliced fine
- ginger - small piece chopped
- garlic - 2 cloves chopped fine
- mustard seeds - 1/4'th tsp
- methi seeds - 2 pinches
- Jeera/cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp crushed/ground
- turmeric powder - 1/4'th tsp
- curry leaves and dry red chillies - for tempering
cook the ashgourd with half cup water, salt to taste and 1/4'th tsp turmeric powder and keep aside .
Heat oil and add the mustard and methi seeds.
When it splutters add the dry red chillies,curry leaves and sliced shallots and fry until shallots are light brown.
Add the green chilly chopped ginger,garlic and powdered cumin seeds.
Add turmeric powder and fry for 30 seconds.
Turn the flame off and wait until the pan cools a bit (if you pour the curd into the hot pan it might curdle and separate).
When cool add in the cooked vegetable and curd and mix well on a low flame until it is warmed through.Do not heat too much or the curd will split.