- Meat - 2 pounds (1 kg) you can use Beef,Mutton or Chicken with or without bones.
- Onion - 1 sliced thin
- Ginger - 1 inch piece chopped fine
- Garlic - 10 cloves chopped fine
- Coriander powder - 2 tbsp
- chilly powder - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2tsp
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Green chillies - 2 slit
- Curry leaves - 2 springs
- Potato - 2 peeled and cut into big pieces
- Coconut milk - 2 cups
- Crushed Meat masala - 1 tsp (cardamom,fennel,cinnamon,pepper,cloves)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- salt - to taste
Wash and drain the meat and keep aside.
Heat oil in a nonstick pan and add the onion,ginger,garlic and crushed meat masala and saute until light brown.
Add in the coriander powder,chilly powder,turmeric powder and vinegar and stir fry on low flame until the raw smell is gone.
Add in the meat ,1 spring of curry leaves and salt to taste and mix well.
Cover and cook on medium flame until 3/4'th cooked.
Now add the dices potatoes and cover and cook until the meat and potatoes are cooked .
Pour in the coconut milk and stir well, add in the slit chillies and remaining curry leaves.
Bring to a simmer and turn the flame off.
This curry goes well with rice,appam,chappathi,idiappam,porotta,poori etc