- Tofu - 16 oz block (use medium, I used soft and it was too hard to work with )
- Soy sauce - 2 tbsp + 2 tsp for marinating tofu
- Fermented black bean sauce - 2 tsp
- yellow Onion - 1 sliced think
- Tomato - 1 cubed ( remove the seeds and juice into the sauce mixture, this is only for visual appeal it doesn't change the taste or consistency)
- Snow peas - 1 hand full
- Carrots - 1 cut at a diagonal
- Sugar - .5 tsp + .5 tsp for marinating tofu
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Spring onion - 1 stalk sliced
- Green chillies - 5 sliced
- Garlic - 4 cloves chopped
Drain the tofu and slice into rectangular cubes and marinate in a mixture of soy sauce and 1/2 tsp sugar.
Shallow fry the tofu in 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and keep aside.
Add the remaining oil to the pan and stir fry the garlic until light brown.
Add in the carrot slices and saute for a minute.
Add in the onions, tomatoes,snow peas, green chillies,spring onion and the mixture of soy sauce ,sugar and black bean sauce and stir well.
Add in 1/4 th cup of water and bring to a simmer.
Add in the fried tofu and taste for seasonings.