- Shrimp - 1 cup cleaned and deveined
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Cocoum - to taste
- Red chilly powder - 2.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece crushed
- Garlic - 5 cloves crushed
- Shallots - 3 crushed.
- Curry leaves - 2 springs
- Salt - to taste
Mix all the ingredients together .
Add 1/2 cup water - the water that you soak the cocum/tamarind in should be sufficient.
Cook until most of the water is absorbed and the shrimp is cooked.
Serve with rice.
Tastes better cooked in a manchatty (earthernware pot) and the next day.