- Zucchini - 1 medium
- Tomato - 1 ripe chopped fine
- onion - 1 small chopped fine
- green chilly - 1 chopped fine
- corriander seeds - 1/2 tsp
- black pepper corn- 1/4 tsp
- green cardamom - 1
- cinnamon - very small piece
- fennel - a pinch
- chilly powder - 2 pinches
- olive oil - 1 tbsp
- basil - 5 leaves
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Large shrimp - 6 peeled and deveined
- lime juice - of 1/4 lime
- garlic - 4 cloves chopped fine
- red pepper flakes - 2 pinches
- crushed black pepper - 2 pinches
- butter - 1 tsp
- salt - to taste
dry roast the corriander seeds,pepper,fennel,cardamom,fennel and cinnamon without burning it .
grind to a powder and keep aside.Add chilly powder and turmeric powder and mix .
marinate the shrimp in crushed black pepper, red pepper flakes, chopped garlic,lime juice ,salt and butter and keep aside.
slice the zucchini into long thin slices and cut into long matchstick sized pieces that resemble noodles and keep aside.
Heat a nonstick frying pan on medium flame .
Add the shrimp along with the marinade and cook for 2 minutes turning over once or twice - until the shrimp is just opaque and cooked.Overcooking causes the shrimp to become rubbery.
remove from pan and keep aside.
In the same pan add the olive oil and onion,chillies and tomatoes and saute until it has wilted.
Add in the curry powder and mix well
Add the shredded zhuccini and salt to taste and mix well to coat .
cover and cook on low flame for 1 minute.
the zucchini will release some moisture , cook in an open pan for 2 more minutes till the moisture is gone and zucchini is just cooked through.
add basil leaves and stir.
Serve with garlic butter shrimp on top.