- White Pomfret - 1 whole about 250 gms
- chilly powder - 1 tbsp
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- vinegar - 1/2 tsp
- salt -to taste
- gram flour/besan - 1/2 tsp
- rice flour - 1/2 tsp
- oil - 1/2 cup
Clean and gut the fish wash well and drain , make gashes on both sides and keep aside.
mix all ingredients except oil and test for taste, adjust seasonings and apply to the cleaned fish .
Keep the fish marinated in the masala for 1 hour.
Heat oil in a nonstick pan and allow to heat up (medium high)
Place the fish in hot oil and fry for 3 minutes on 1 side .
Turn over and fry for 2 more minutes on the other side.
Remove from oil and serve hot with a salad. and slice of lime