for the Samosa covering
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- All purpose flour - 1/4 cup
- Water - to make a tight dough
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- salt -to taste
for the Masala
- Potatoes - 4 boiled and peeled
- Onion - 1
- ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Eastern Chicken/meat Masala - 2 heaped tsp (1 tbsp coriander, 2 tsp chilly and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder + 1/2 tsp garam masala can be used instead of chicken masala)
- Cilantro leaves - 2 tsp chopped
- Frozen green peas - 1/4 cup (optional)
- vinegar/lime juice - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- salt - to taste
- Oil - to deep fry
Mix together all the ingredients for the samosa covering and knead to form a smooth soft dough and keep aside .
Add 2 tbsp oil to a frying pan and saute the chopped onion , add in the ginger garlic paste and fry until onion is soft .
Add in the chciken masala and stirfry for a minute.
Add the cooked potato and smash with the back of the spoon , add salt and lime juice and mix well.
Add in frozen peas and chopped cilantro stir fry for another 5 minutes.Adjust seasonings and let the mixture cool.
Form the dough into small lime sized balls and roll it out into a thin circle dusting with flour so that it doesnt stick.
Cut each circle into 1/2 and forn a cone shape with the semi circle , fill with the potato masala and seal it to form a triangle shape.
Heat oil to medium high and deep fry the samosa in hot oil.
Serve with ketchup and mint chutney