- rava/sooji/cream of wheat - 1/2 cup
- Rice flour - 1/2 cup
- Maida/all purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- curd/plain yogurt - 3/4 cup
- water - enough to make a thin batter
- onions - 1 small chopped fine
- green chilly- 1 chopped fine
- ginger - 1/4 tsp chopped fine
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- coriander leaves/curry leaves - 1 tsp chopped (optional)
- salt - to taste
- Oil - few tsp as required to make dosa.
Mix rava,rice flour and maida with curd and add enough water to it and mix until no lumps are formed.
The batter should be very thin compared to regular dosa batter - It should be of pourable consistency.
Heat 1 tsp oil in a small pan and splutter the mustard seeds and Add finely chopped onion,ginger,green chilli,coriander/curry leaves and stirfry for a minute.
Add this into the dosa batter and check the consistency of batter again as the floues will absorbs waterand make it thick.Dilute as necessary and add salt to taste.
Heat a dosa store or tawa and smear with oil. Pour a ladle full of dosa batter from the outward base of the hot tawa in a circular motion to the centre , the batter should form many lace like holes.
Leave it undisturbed for a minute and then add a tsp of oil around it.Let the dosa cook until it starts turning slightly brown.There is no need to fry on both the sides.The dosa can be folded on the pan after frying on one side and serve hot with chutney and sambar.
This dosa is best eaten straight out of the pan while it is still crispy.