- Chickpeas - 2 cups soaked overnight OR you could use canned chickpeas rinsed and drained.
- Olive oil - 2 tsp (you can use any oil )
- salt - to taste
- Red chilly powder - 1.5 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Onion powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oregano & Thyme - 1/4 tsp(optional)
- Curry leaves - 2 springs.
If using dried chickpeas, pressure cook them until soft (do not over cook it should still retain its shape) Keep them on the stove so that the mixture gets dry.
For canned chickpeas, rinse well and drain.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Place chickpeas on baking/cookie sheet in single layer and roast for 15 minutes. Stir or shake the pan in between so that they dont get burnt.
Take the chickpeas out of the oven and add to a bowl and combine the chickpeas with the oil,salt,chilly, garlic, onion, oregano,thyme powders and sprinkle the curry leaves on top.
Return the chickpeas mixture back out on baking sheet. Roast between 5 and 15 more minutes, until they're browned and crunchy.
Once you add the spice powders check every 5 minutes so that the powders dont get burnt.