- Ground Beef - 1.5 lb
- Potatoes - 4 medium sized boiled and peeled
- Green chillies - 6 chopped fine
- Onion - 1 medium chopped fine
- Ginger - 1 inch piece chopped fine
- Garlic - 5 cloved chopped fine
- vinegar - 1 tsp
- Crushed peppercorns - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Bread crumbs - 1.5 cups
- Egg whites - 2 beaten with a fork
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - to deep fry the cutlets
Method:Add a tsp of oil to a pan and saute the chopped greenchilly,garlic,ginger and onion until it starts to turn soft .
Add in the Ground beef and stir fry for 5 minutes until the water content is gone.
Add salt to taste, vinegar and crushed pepper and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
Mash the potatoes with a fork and add to the cooked meat mixture and mix well.
Adjust seasonings to taste .
Form this mixture into cutlets and keep aside.
Heat oil to medium high .
Dip each cutlet into the egg white and roll in bread crumbs and deep fry in oil until it is brown.
Serve with Onion & tomato salad or ketchup.