- Cauliflower leaves and stems - from 1 cauliflower(wash and cut into small pieces like spinach)
- Cauliflower florets - 1/2 cup chopped fine
- Green gram - 1 cup cooked
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- shallots - 5 chopped fine
- green chillies - 4 cut into rings
- curry leaves - 2 springs
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- garlic - 2 cloves chopped fine
Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
When it splutters add in the shallots,garlic, green chillies and curry leaves followed by turmeric powder and saute for 2 minutes.
Add in the chipped cauliflower and leaves and mix well.
Add salt to taste and the grated coconut and mix well.
Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Add in the cooked Green gram and mix and saute in an open pan until the mixture is dry and mixed well.
Serve with rice.