- White channa soaked - 2 cups (you can use canned chickpeas instead rinse it in cold water and use)
- Onion - 1 chopped fine
- tomatoes - 1 chopped fine
- crushed meat masala - 1 tsp (cardamom,fennel,pepper,clove,cinnamon)
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp chopped
- Curry leaves - 2 springs
- Coriander powder - 2 tbsp
- chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
If you are using dried chickpeas , pressure cook the chickpeas with water until it is soft. (3 to 4 whistles in the pressure cooker)
Heat oil in a pan and add the onions and curry leaves and saute until light brown.
Add in the coriander and chilly powder and crushed masala and saute until raw smell is gone.
Add in the tomatoes and saute until cooked.
Add in the cooked chickpeas along with the water and mix well
Add salt to taste and simmer this curry for 20 to 30 minutes.
If you want the curry thicker mash some of the chickpeas with the back of a spoon in the curry .
Turn the flame off and add coriander leaves.
Serve with rice, Batoora, puttu , chappathi etc.