- sugar - 2 cups (I reduced the Sugar and used 1 and 3/4'th cup- that was good enough)
- all-purpose flour/Maida - 1 and 3/4th cup
- unsweetened HERSHEY'S Cocoa powder - 3/4 cup
- baking powder - 1 and 1/2 teaspoons
- baking soda - 1 and 1/2 teaspoons
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 2
- Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Boiling water - 1 cup
- vanilla essence - 2 tsp
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour large baking pan.
Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes.
Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
This recipe for frosting is also included on the tin - if you prefer frosted cakes.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting