- Butternut Squash - 1 medium , skin removed and cut into cubes
- Green gram dal - 1/2 cup.
- Coconut grated - 1/2 cup.
- Jeera/cummin seeds- 1/4'th tsp.
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp.
- Green chillies - 5 or 6 slit .
- Shallots - 3 sliced.
- Curry leaves - 2 springs
- mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- dry red chilly - 2 broken
Pressure cook the Green gram dal and butternut squash with a little water and green chillies .
Grind the coconut,jeera and turmeric powder to a fine paste with some water.
Add this ground paste to the cooked dal/squash mix and bring to a simmer.
Make a tadka of mustard seeds,dry red chillies,sliced shallots and curry leaves and pour into the simmering curry .
Turn the flame off and cover the dish and keep for 30 minutes.