- Potato - cut into cubes 4/5 medium
- Shallots - 5 crushed
- Garlic - 5 cloves crushed
- Dry red chilly - 4 crushed
- curry leaves - 1 spring
- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- chilly powder - 1/4th tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 4 tsp
- mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
Peel wash and cube potatoes and keep them immersed in cold water.
Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds.
Add in the curry leaves and crushed,garlic,shallots and dry red chillies.
Saute until slightly browned.
Add in turmeric and chilly powder and mix well.
Add in potatoes and salt and mix well .
Sprinkle some water if needed and cover and cook until potatoes are almost cooked.
Stir fry in a open pan until slightly browned and coated with the masala.