- Peppridge farm puff pastry sheets - 1 pack
- chicken - 2 cups cut into very small dices
- Potatoes - 1 cup boiled and diced (I microwaved the diced potatoes for 4 minutes on high with some water sprinkled on them)
- Onion - 1 chopped
- tomato - 1 chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves chopped
- ginger - 2 tsp chopped
- Green chillies - 2 chopped
- corriander powder - 2 tsp
- chilly powder - 1 tsp
- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- garam masama/meat masala crushed - 1/2 tsp
To make the filling
Heat oil in a pan and add the onion,ginger,garlic and green chilly and saute for 2 minutes.
Add in the corriander,chilly and turmeric powders and saute until raw smell goes.
Add in chopped tomatoes and saute.
Add in garam masala and chicken pieces and stir fry until most of the water is evaporated.
Cover and cook until chicken is cooked.
Add in the boiled potatoes and mix ,the potatoes should not get mushed up but retain their shape.
Adjust seasonings and keep aside to cool.
Preparing the pastry sheet
Thaw the frozen puff pastry sheets for 30 minutes on your counter top.
Open it up and cut into rectangular sheets. I cut each sheet into 3 along the folds.
dust your counter top with flour and roll the sheet out slightly(little thicker than chappathi).
Cut the pastry sheet into squares or rectangles depending on the size and shape of the puffs you plan to make.
Forming the Puffs
Place a spoon full of filling in the center of the cut out sheet .
Fold the ends over to encase the filling inside the pastry sheet .
Secure the sides either by pressing with your fingers of with a fork.
Baking the Puffs
preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the stuffed pastry sheet on to cookie sheets or baking trays.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry starts to brown very slightly.