- shrimp cleaned - 2 cups(approx).
- sliced coconut pieces 1 cup(approx).
- Chilly powder - 3 tsp.
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Cocum/kudampuli - to taste.
- Shallots sliced - 5.
- Ginger and garlic chopped - 1 tsp each.
- green chilly slit - 2.
- curry leaves - 2 springs.
Mix all of the ingredients together with 1/4'th cup water(the water that you soak the puli in will be sufficient).
Cook until the water is absorbed and the shrimp is coated with the masala.
Adjust taste now adding enough salt and cocum as needed.
Add oil to a frying pan and fry some mustard seeds and shallots and curry leaves, when golden brown add the cooked shrimp mixture and stir fry until slightly browned.
TIP:Coconut that is more towards the tender side is used for this prep.When it is between the karikku and thenga pakam.