- Squid cleaned and cut into rings - 3 big (if you have the patience to clean the tentacles those can be used too) I didnt use them since I didnt have the time to clean them one by one.
- shallots/cheriya ulli - add 1 cup chopped for 1KG squid(the more the better).
- Ginger and garlic chopped - 2 tsp each.
- Kudam puli - to taste.
- Chilly powder - 2 tsp.
- Corriander powder - 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder - 1/4'th tsp.
- Pepper powder-1/4'ts tsp.
- Curry leaves, salt and oil.
Add all of the ingredients except oil in a pan ,dont add water.The water you used to soak the kudam puli should be sufficient.Cook for 6-7 minutes uncovered until all ware is absorbed and squid is cooked 1/2 way.
Add oil in a nonsitck pan, ad some mustard seeds and curry leaves and saute .
Add some sliced shallots and when it browns slightly add in the cooked squid and masala and stir fry until slightly browned.
Squid has the tendency to splutter when fried, so take care you are protected when you stir it around.
TIP :- Squid should not be overcooked , it turns hard and rubbery.