Sunday, July 26, 2009

Masala Fish


This was a trial recipe inspired by a dish I once had at a Mangalore restaurant ... it turned out real good .
Fish - Pomfret (I used a fish called golden pompano from the korean store - it resembled the indian pomfret) Clean and make slits on it and marinate in a mixture of chilly,turmeric,pepper powder , salt and vinegar.I ran out of vinegar so used some Worcestershire Sauce instead.


Shallow fry the fish .


For the masala - shallots,ginger,garlic,tomato,puli and green onion for garnish.



Method:
Heat oil and add the shallots,ginger,garlic and saute well then add in chilly powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and saute until raw smell is gone.
Add tomatoes and saute until oil separates.
Add tamarind to adjust sourness, if the tomato is sour you might not even need the puli.
Add the fried fish into this masala and add 1/2 cup water and let it simmer until the water is absorbed and the fish is coated with masala.
Garnish with spring onion and squeeze some lime juice on it.

My kids who are my greatest critics gave me a five star for this one ....

1 comment:

  1. Priya Chechy,

    I have something for you at my blog, please collect it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Popular Posts