Marble cakes may look complicated, but they actually they are very simple - if you have a perfect recipe for a pound or vanilla cake you are all the set to bake the perfect marble cake.start with a white batter. Once the batter is made divide it in half and then add chocolate/coco powder to one half. The marbling is created by pouring the white and chocolate batters alternately in a pan and then running your knife through the two batters to blur the lines. My kiddos one of them likes chocolate and the other one prefers plain - so I don't mix the batters too much so that they get areas that are more chocolate and more white.
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup milk
* 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch round pan.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter , eggs, vanilla, and milk into mixing bowl. Beat slowly to moisten, then beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for about 2 minutes until smooth. divide the batter into 2 parts
- Stir cocoa into one half of the reserved batter. pour white and chocolate batter into the cake pan alternatively. Using a knife or toothpick , swirl the cocoa batter into the white batter to incorporate it in a marble effect.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.
you can make the cake from scratch or use the cake mix (Pillsbury)- 1 pack of yellow cake mix and 1 pack of chocolate devils food cake mix .Prepare batter according to directions and then pour into pan together and bake for a marbled effect.