This curry can be prepared using both fresh shrimp or dry shrimp.If using fresh it tastes better with tiny shrimp .Raw mango is used instead of Cocum. If the mango is not sour enough you can add some cocum/tamarind/raw tomato/Tomatillo etc.
- Dry shrimp - 1 cup(cleaned and crushed)
- Raw Mango - 1 big peeled and cut into cubes
- Green chillies - 6
- shallots - 5 sliced
- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves - 1 spring
- grated coconut - 3/4'th cup
- Mustard seeds,sliced shallots and curry leaves for tadka
Crush the dry shrimp and wash it well .It might contain sand particles (you can use fresh shrimp too) and cook it along with raw mango,shallots,green chilly,turmeric powder,salt ,curry leaves,salt and water.
Grind coconut to a smooth paste(u can use thick coconut milk instead) and add it to the cooked shrimp mix and heat it just until it starts to boil.
fry mustard seeds ,sliced shallots and curry leaves in oil and pour it on top of the curry.