- Uzhunnu vada - 6 (for 2 servings) To make Uzhunnu Vada follow *this* recipe
- Curd - 2 cups
- sugar - 2 tsp
- roasted and powdered cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- Dry red chilly - 1 broken
- mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- curry leaves - few
- hing - a pinch
- Oil - 1tsp
- corriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
- date tamrind chutney - 1 tsp (optional)
make the vada and once it is cool enough to handle drop it into a bowl of warm water for 30 seconds.
Take it out and squeeze the water out without breaking the vada. Keep it aside .
Mix the curd with sugar and salt to taste and keep aside , this should be at room temperature.
Heat oil in a small pan and splutter the mustard seeds.
Add in curry leaves and dry red chillies.
turn the flame off and add in the hing/asafotieda.
Pour this tadka into the prepared curd and mix well.
Place vada in a bowl , pour the curd over it.
Sprinkle chilly powder and cumin powder.
Add drops of date/tamarind chutney and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve at room temperature or cold.